Our clients LOVE video! I will be honest and say that MANY, MANY are reluctant to actually appear in the videos. In a way, it’s much like bungee jumping. Man, it’s looks fun! But you want WHO to do that? NOT ME! I wish when we scheduled video shoots for clients, there was a clandestine way to do so. Invariably, we’re told “I was up all night tossing and turning” or “my stomach is just in knots over this thing”. After thanking them for eating a light lunch, I assure them they will do fine and I can honestly say we haven’t killed anyone while shooting video yet!
You may ask, “Why would a small business owner subject themselves to such torture?”. It’s simple really. Because it works. Our experience has proved that video is an essential way to build traffic, engage visitors and ultimately, increase conversions. What’s a conversion? It’s converting a visitor to a lead and eventually a sale. More on that in my next post.
1) That’s how we roll – Chances are, you’re been watching television your entire life. from childhood to present, you’ve spent a substantial amount of time watching the “boob tube”. Research says between about 100-200 hours each month! Do the math! Passive viewing is a primary form of the way we consume information. It’s no coincidence that online video accounts for 40% of consumer Internet traffic and forecasts online video will reach 62% of Internet traffic by the end of 2015.
2) Talk to me – Beyond an actual face-to-face meeting, wouldn’t it be great if you could get your message to EVERY potential customer and deliver it with YOUR style? Of course, in most cases, that’s impractical. There’s too many customers and not enough you! That’s why you’ve assembled a great team to help you reach them, right? Sure, but this is YOUR company’s website and they want to hear from YOU – the business owner! What a great opportunity!
3) Let’s get engaged – Much has been said about how to properly engage current and potential customers. what could be more stimulating or memorable than online video!? This is true interaction where you can ask for the sale, offer a guarantee or suggest a test drive. In my opinion, there’s no better way to communicate with your customer than this channel.
4) We’re #2 – Google claims that YouTube is the #2 search engine on the planet. While normally you wouldn’t be happy about being #2 at anything but, when you’re already #1 and one of your other properties is #2, that IS something to be excited about. Working YouTube can be essential strategy then in gaining some “Google juice”. See my next points.
5) Be the big fish in a small pond – When you post a web page about a certain topic, you may be competing against tens of thousands, if not millions, of similar pages. When you upload a video, you may only be competing against a hundred or so. Your competition is AUTOMATICALLY cut down. Why? Because it requires WORK. A four letter word that people don’t like to do. Expend the effort – it IS worth it.
Are you convinced yet? I think every website should contain at least one video. If there’s one thing I wish I could do more of for our own site is to work more on videos. if you need help with online video, Buzz My Biz has a tons of experience to help you get going!